Saturday, January 9, 2010

On to the road trip.

We'll we've been on the road for 14 days and traveled close to 1,900 miles and we haven't begun our trip yet.  We started out on a negative note with Frank being violently sick the first week and moderately sick the second week until he passed his 2 remaining kidney stones. 

I started bloging the first few days and then got major league side-tracked.  My days have been filled with end of year bookkeepping chores as well as setting up my new Quickbooks accounts plus I'm still becoming familiar with my new computer and Droid phone.  Maybe I'll understand it all by the time I return to Wolfeboro.

So tonite I'll just hit a few of the high-spots we've encountered starting with  One day on our way south we happened upon a sign that said Historic District - Danville North Carolina.  What a treat!  We drove up to what looked like an old section of town and parked in front of Senetor Jim Webb's office which was in a rehabed tobacco industry mill building that still had wonderful old cigar advertising. 

Danville was one of the richest towns in the South after the Civil War because of the Tobacco Industry.  It has 3 distinct historic districts - one being the tobacco area, another featuring magnificent and huge, Victorian homes with beautiful archietctural details.

The Train Depot was another historic area too.  We stopped in the Louis Antique Mall which was gigantic!  We kept getting lost within the store it had so many booths and rooms.

It was a terrific small town to spend a few hours in and we were back on the road, refreshed and ready for some more miles. Still working on how to post pictures from my Droid.  I may be getting closer.  More tomorrow. PEACE!   

No comments:

Post a Comment