Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Keys continued . . . Jamuary 13, 2010




So we got an interesting lesson on several different houseboats yesterday exploring a dream that's come and gone for me throughout the years.  The Florida Keys has a great, sub-culture environment consisting of about 5 rows of Boat houses.  Of course the neatest, cleanest, most desirable view belonged to the US Coast Guard and was a Sherrifs Office, but the remainder represented all sorts of different egos, spirits, karma, and different personalities.

The one I fell in love with was folk painted by the owner who had it for 10 + years.  He told us his monthly docking fee which included sewer was $525.00.   He wanted the higest bid over $45,000 and had it listed on http://www.craigslist.com/


Another fellow we spoke with tried to sell us SOS.  He tried his best to convince us his boat was worth $190,000.  There did seem to be a huge disparaity in prices in Key West. Cute go behometh - there were about 25 or 30 boats.

One thing we noticed was that a campsite was $112 + tax per night, whereas a Queen size room in the Southern Cross Hotel directly in the middle of Duval Street was $95.00 per night and we found a houseboat for $60. per night. Business was off as it was way too cold even if it was the warmest spot in the United States, I was still wearing a long leave shirt, heavy sweater and scarf. Still no sandels or shorts for this girl.

So I spent the day in bed on a houseboat in the Florida Keys learning how to load photos from my Motorola Droid to my Picasa photo account which are bot Google based to my Microsoft accounts.  I think I'm getting the hang of it and hope to do shorter blogs with fewer pictures at any one shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment