Friday, December 11, 2009

Keeping up with technology, year end etc.

      The past few days have been spent dealing with professional help.  So far this week we've been to the CPA and the Lawyer, and had the Computer Dr. come see us here.  Self employment is always a tricky tax issues especially when you earn your money in chunks and then don't have any for a month or more.  It can be trying. Our shop exceeded our financial expectations greatly this year. 

Many of the folks who follow us know we've had a 3 year battle with the Town of Wolfeboro over our property rights and we won.  The Judge denied the Town the ability to lay out our property as a highway thereby granting us the rights to do what we want - within zoning of course.   So now that we've concluded our legal issues we look forward to some landscaping and maybe a small weekly Green Flea & Farmers Market in the yard.  We hope to develop the outside of the property to look as nice as the house does now.  Pathways, sculpture, lighting, rights of way, signs, these are the things that fill our days.

Technology is another thing that's been filling my days lately.  There is so much reading to do when you get a new computer.  Just by happenstance, my domain name Antiquebug had expired.  At first I was a bit panicky but then realized without all those emails being forwarded to my new email address I've eliminated lots of junk email and spams.  However, the switch over process hasn't been easy.  I've spent many hours changing my email on ebay, paypal, the bank, the cable, the phone, etc. etc.  Plus I've also had to re-download all sorts of programs like my Certified Appraiser's Guild Software.

Frank's been busy getting our van ready for our trip.  He's sorting smalls for the antique cases we'll be bringing with us so we can set up at flea markets along the way. He's been organizing, pricing, cleaning, sorting, etc.,  He told me today, all my things including clothing, jeans, sweaters, pj's, shoes, cosmetics, hair supplies, etc. all have to fit into 2 cases. 

So we're getting excited.  We've decided to leave Sunday Morning, December 27, 2009.

Until the next time, I remain Dragonfly

No comments:

Post a Comment