Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer coming to an end

Well the kids are back in school and I get to look out my office window and see the K-3 kids come pour back into Carpenter School. I love the smiles and gigles and even an occasional yell or cry.  This is my first year in the past 22 that I didn't even think "back to school".  My family is grown now and I'm left with the memories. Favorite among them was the time I sent Sterling to kindergarten and cried for 1/2 a day.  Well that same kid is 22 now and just returned from backpacking through Europe for 10 weeks this summer.  Shows how much I know.


So today was so hot I couldn't open.  We are experiencing our 24 day this summer being OVER 90 degrees.  It's been so, so hot people haven't been in the shopping mood.  But today I got a call from Tampa asking about a Moose Head I have in my inventory.  It is a 16 point bull moose from Canada - it's huge head measuring about 5' tall and about 4' wide.  Again Sterling had to manuevre the ladder to make this happen.  I sure do hope he sells or the photos are headed to Craigslist.  The consignor recently came in and marked this piece down to $1,750 which is a virtual deal since most moose heads sell in the $3,000 to $4,000. range. 

I'm contemplating eBay again especially this week since they aren't charging for listing fees until after September 7th.  Smart marketing plan for eBay to redirect all those parents who now have a minute to breathe since their kids are back in school.  It's Halloween and Christmas and I just pulled out a Peter Pan costume and an antique clowns costume as well as a huge vintage tablecloth with a red and green christmas design printed on it just in time for the holidays. 


I'm sure looking forward to some cooler days when I can get in my sweatshirt and jeans and enjoy being out in the barn again.  See you soon - Dragonfly


No comments:

Post a Comment