Sunday, August 22, 2010

It's been one busy summer! So much going on here at Dragonflies Antiques

Wow - I can't believe the summer has slipped by me.  I got sidetracked when exhibiting at the Mid-Week in Manchester Antiques Show which is part of the great week known as Antiques Week in New Hampshire. 

I haven't exhibited at this show for about 15 years, taking a hiatus to start my own show and then got off doing other things like raising the kids and buying and selling some property, but this year was a sad not for many.  The economy is just beating the life out of the secondary market.  There were a few HIGH END dealers who did ok because they can sell one or two pieces and make a years living but not me.  I had about 10 sales - only one of which was over $1,000. 

I was going to do an in-depth study of the costs of doing a show and then show the profit or lack there-of and I may still but to get on with my summer posting I need to move beyond that week.

So here are a few pictures of Mid-Week and I'll fill in the details at some other point when I discuss exhibiting at shows - the good the bad and the ugly.  Why do them?

No comments:

Post a Comment