Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Interesting day in the shop

Dragonflies Antiques reporting from the nest. Fly on over and join us for the latest antiques buzz . . .

Today was odd in the sense the people came in fits and spurts.  We probably had in around 50-60 people and I grossed a grand total of $78. . . plenty to feel blessed about because I went grocery shopping after work and even had enough money to stop and get my car washed.  The Suncook Valley girls softball team was giving car washes just outside town hall.  They were trying to raise money to make it to the Regionals in Pittsfield, MA.  What a cute bunch of teenage girls. They had raised just shy of $1,000.00 in just 3 1/2 hours.  You go girls!

Fiddlehead Farms has recently expanded from Dover to Alton and I love their market!!!!  Strawberries were $1.00 and fresh local peaches were just 50cents per lb.  Lots of both organic and gourmet foods, nice deli, bakery, etc. and a very nice selection of local produce.

Brian Stockman, local carver and woodsman dropped by for an hour or so.  Our family loves Brian and so we had a nice hour long visitor.  One of the families who came to visit bought 2 milk McClure's pint size bottles - each with it's original cap or pog on the top.  I charged her $5.00 each but then she wanted to buy a super ball.  Remember those from when you were a kid?  I keep them in a bowl just because they're pretty and colorful and a young local man needed some money so I bought them from him.  Good to support the locals.

Well this very attractive brought forward the largest and most colorful super ball and when I said it would be $5.00 she went back and told her son he had to pick out a smaller, less colorful super ball.  He came forward with a slightly less expensive one and made an offer of $2.00.  The damn kid was so cute I couldn't so no.

So I walk outside with them as they were leaving so that I could pick up my open sign at the end of the driveway.  There were a 1/2 dozen or so people just milling around looking at things.  Anyways, I notice a beautiful, bright, red convertible this young family was getting into had a MA license plate that said US19.  I asked the father of the group, what the plate was all about.  Low license plate numbers are VERY desirable especially in MA and DEL.  So he says it's my mother's.  Always wanting to meet all the townsfolk I asked who his mother was.  He answered a modest "Ann" and I of course said "Ann who?" and he replied Ann Romney.  In case you didn't know Mitt and Ann Romney have a substantial waterfront home here on Lake Winnipesaukee.  I'm so glad Mitt's grandson bought a super-ball from me.  It made my day today.

As I later relayed this story to my former husband Frank he said "Well it's good to know they are true fiscal conservatives!!!!"  Too funny!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment