Saturday, July 24, 2010

Inspiration At Last

Dragonflies Antiques reporting from the nest. Fly on over and join us for the latest antiques buzz . . .

It was a very busy day in the shop today which inspired me to get my act together and my butt back in gear.  I've been in a fog since Frank left May 1st and I've been trying to re-establish my independence, and reconfigure the business - I'm short - he is tall. I'm small - he's big.  We're still best friends and activce in the business together.  Look for us at Mid-Week in Manchester in NH and Brimfield MA show.

The Craft Fair was on the green across the street from me at Brewster Academy yesterday and today.  It brings in with it hundreds of tourists but unfortunately a slow day on the sales front.  At the 200 mark I had only sold one book for $35 to my neighbor across the street, however I pulled out the day at 5 minutes before closing and sold 2 carriage lanterns for $75 each. 

Hardly worth sitting here for the day but I'm grateful for every sale I have every day in this economic climate and I had lots of interesting visitors.  Friends, family, neighbors, fellow dealers, auctioneers, musicians, artists, tourists, repeat customers, family's - it was a beautiful day all in all in the shop - although it got hot again this afternoon.  Shoppers were dragging their hind ends today.

Yesterday wasn't quite so grim, I had 9 sales and got a house-call from it.  Hit a modest yard sale and picked up some old paint supplies. Oils in tubes don't go bad. They're always good to have around for touch-ups.  Crayons work well too.  A warm finger over a wax crayons melts away minor blemishes.  Do it in small doses for best results.

This evening was spent in an inspired state and got me back to thinking about marketing, my blog, selling on ebay, my website etc.  I've made recent changes to all of these networking opportunities and hope someone out there in cyber-world appreciates it.  If so please say so. 

Antiques Week in New Hampshire is fast approaching - August 10 is Nan Gurley's show and then August 11 & 12 is Mid Week in Manchester followed up by the New Hampshire Antique Dealers Association Show which opens on Thursday morning.  These are all wonderful shows to find the best Americana in the United States of America. 

No comments:

Post a Comment