Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Olympics

Well for those of you who follow the blog - and I know there are many more then it appears because I hear personally from you - please forgive me for not chatting recently. 

After the Watts Towers, we started east again.  Somewhere along the line I lost the cord which connects my phone and computer so with it I also lost my interest.  I tried several times, unsuccessfully to find a cord at several Best Buys to no avail. 

So now that we've been to The Watts Towers, Salvation Mountain, Slab City which is the last free place, Santa Fe, and criss-crossed the country, we're one day from home and I can't wait to get back to Best Buy in New Hampshire to straighten out things with my phone.  I've taken fabulous notes and pictures and will return here in a couple of days once I'm home in Wolfeboro again.

We went to Don Scotts Antique Market in Columbus Ohio today and bought a few paintings, a tray with a hockey player and Frank bought a few pulp paper pamphlets about Blacks and the Pope from the 1940's which he's excited to put on eBay.   I wouldn't necessarily buy a tray with a Hocky  Player but we have three hocky players who love hockey collectibles so I know I have a sale even before I get home.

Go Bodie - you deserve that Gold !  New Hampshire is proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment